Intelligent Content – The Powerhouse of Your Product/Service Digital Marketing Campaigns25 Oct 2016, Posted by Content marketing in
Intelligent Content – The Powerhouse of Your Product/Service Digital Marketing Campaigns
Every technology organization’s dream run is to be on top of every relevant futuristic market trend and connect instantaneously with the target audience for their existing and new products and services. Imagine having a humungous set of followers who are waiting excitedly to see what magic your next release on technologies such as IOT, AI, or SaaS brings to their mobile or laptop screens! That’d be a dream come true, right?
However, for this dream to transform into reality, you’d require a whole lot of power-packed capabilities and know how, but equally important, a cutting-edge marketing campaign!
And who’s the technology marketeer’s best friend – rich, context-relevant intelligent content, of course!
However, very often this dream of building a long-term connect with your target audience does not bring the desired results owing to some crucial content flaws:
- Growing disconnect between the content and product strategy: The derived content often does not connect with the organization’s marketing objectives or does not follow any context-based spec. Hence, the content comes across as lacking appeal and drive. These challenges are further complicated because companies are still struggling to transition from the old-school approach of pushing content forcibly into the audience’s mind. Hence, the content requirements of the new-age marketing campaigns still include a great deal of “push” features that confuse the target audience. Technocrats too zoom in on the benefits of their products and services, often missing the lasting values that will help connect with their audience.
- Lack of variety in content: The toughest challenge marketeers are facing is the constant pressure to create fresh, interesting, convincing, and intelligent content all the time. After starting out with a bang, content marketing teams struggle to stay relevant. While many organizations score an ace by mastering the art of distributing a variety of content such as point view articles, ROI papers, analyst papers, white papers, blog posts, and so on, many others suffer from repurposing a fixed set of content. This handicap soon affects the interest of their audiences. Unfortunately, the competitors immediately sense the lag and swoop in to take over.
- Ineffective content and inefficient means of measuring content effectiveness: Ineffective content often strangles an organization’s brand awareness initiatives and derails its lead generation plans. With customers moving on to grab other interesting content, content marketeers struggle to retain customer loyalty. In the absence of the right storytellers, business writers, and content crafters to deliver persuasive content, your content marketing efforts would in no way deliver on your expectations. More importantly, without the right measures that assess the effectiveness of your content, you will never even know whether the content you create connects with your audience.
- Financial limitations: Revenue allocations are fuel for every functional node of an organization. However, content marketing goals often pale in comparison with product development requirements within an organization. Content teams within technology-obsessed organizations thus face challenges owing to limited budget allocations. With limited resources, the teams struggle to craft a rich content marketing experience. The lack of an experienced and trusted content team results in lackluster content with minimal audience engagement.
- Project management failures: Planning and executing a content marketing campaign requires project management excellence. It is all about managing time, planned and unplanned delivery commitments, costs, quality, scope, and risks to ensure a smooth-sailing project. The most common feature of content marketing plans is that they often change, depending on the goals. Hence mapping changing expectations to enable an up-to-date content marketing strategy is one of the key differentiators of a successful content program. Without this skill set, there will always be a huge disconnect between organizational expectations and content marketing deliverables.
Having listed the dangers of poor content, we should certainly figure out the purpose of intelligent content. What can an organization achieve by sharpening its content approach – what can intelligent content achieve?
- Provide you a distinct marketing edge: Companies that deliver intelligent content by adapting smart and flexible strategies have a clear edge over competition by occupying the precious mindshare of the audience. Intelligent content helps manage competition effectively, while a variety of content types guarantees holding your audience’s attention and trust.
- Convey the organization’s and product/service’s values to the target audience: A centralized intelligent content management strategy helps the company connect easily with its target audience and ensure that the content always stays relevant to the organization’s positioning. An efficient project management plan driven by a consistent team of experts ensures that the content reaches the right audience at the right time.
- Improve lead generation through influencer marketing: Strong context-based content programs help promote influencer marketing strategies. Rich content shared across the digital media get overwhelming response when validated by business leaders and influencers in your business domain. The tag of trusted names can help you engage with your audience and build immediate trust with them. Influencers play a crucial role in winning trust, especially when the audience, in their roles as decision makers, is tough to crack and in case of tough competition.
- Provide an impetus to lead generation strategies and account-based marketing:
Intelligent content is the most convincing weapon for marketeers in lead generation and account-based marketing at any stage of the sales cycle or for the business to acquire qualified leads and race up the sales ladder. Content-rich communication and consistent customer engagement will hit the bullseye with qualified leads
Intelligent content is at the heart of every effective marketing strategy. When coupled with the ideal target definition, value-based content makes precious contribution in making every effort in trust building with the target audience successful. So, go ahead and invest in a valuable content marketing initiative.